Sunday 19 May 2013

Vieux Farka Touré - 11 March 2013, Corner Hotel


I put off putting this up because I was struggling to figure out what the setlist was. I still haven't got it (if anyone knows any of the tracks please leave a comment), but having had a listen to this it was a great performance and sounds really good. It's only a pity that more people didn't get to see it (this was the first time I've been to the Corner and had the curtain drawn to reduce the size). Having said that, the smaller space made this a fairly intimate show, with lots of engagement between the crowd and the band.  If you're a fan of African music, or want to find out why Vieux Farka Touré is described as the Hendrix of the Sahara, check this out.

Update: someone contacted me a while ago to ask if they could pass this on to Vieux's manager. I'm happy for these to be circulated freely, so of course I didn't have a problem. I asked the person if he knew the setlist, but he wasn't 100% sure. He passed the request on, and this is the setlist that I got back:

Ay Bakoy (Biba)
Souba Souba
Fafa
Gido
Lakkal
Ali 2
All the Same
Ai Du (Walaidu)
Djarabi
Mainmouna
Passouba

Amana Quai

https://mega.co.nz/#F!gA0UyRqR!duehTG3XZtpYsTu0BwBWlg

No comments:

Post a Comment