Saturday 15 October 2011

Fail: Okkervil River - 14 October 2011 at the Forum

Don't get me wrong, Okkervil River were great, but recording wise I messed up a bit.  Forgot to check the batteries pre-show, with the result that I missed the end of the show, which was the best bit.  I haven't had a proper listen to it yet, but hopefully there is something worth putting up.  In the meantime, the setlist:

Wake and Be Fine
For Real
Rider
Black
Piratess
A Girl in Port
Song of Our So-Called Best Friend
We Need a Myth
The Valley
No Key, No Plan
So Come Back, I Am Waiting
John Allyn Smith Sails
Your Past Life as a Blast
Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe
Lost Coastlines (Not Recorded)

Hometown Farewell Kiss (Triffids Cover) (Not Recorded)
Westfall (Not Recorded)
Unless It's Kicks (Not Recorded)

At the end of the show Will Sheff came back out on stage, but none of the microphones were working.  He something shouted to the crowd (which I didn't hear) and left.  A slightly strange end to a very good show.

Update: apparently he said that they wanted to play another encore but the venue said they couldn't.  So on behalf of everyone that attended - FUCK YOU FORUM.


Apologies about the problems with the recording.  There will be (fingers crossed) a couple of small treats for hardcore Okkervil River fans in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude. Not sure if I ever posted this in MP3 back in the day but I've just put up a FLAC version recording of the whole show on Dimeadozen.

    Also. Do you still record and attend shows in Melbourne? lets get a beer sometime.

    ReplyDelete