Tuesday 28 January 2014

Johhny Marr - Corner Hotel, 4 January 2014


I saw Johnny Marr way back at 7 Worlds Collide in 2009. He was good, but only sang two songs, so it was hard to make too much of it. And although I like the Smiths, I'm hardly a massive fan. But I figured that he was someone to see at least once, so I trundled along to this show. It ended up being really good, the two key things I was concerned about (the quality of his voice and the calibre of his solo material) turned out not be issues at all. Even though he played 10 songs off his new solo album, The Messenger, none of them were weak, which is pretty impressive really. Plus of course there were a bunch of Smiths songs, all done really well.

The audio quality here is really good, consistent with the best I've done. Hopefully this one doesn't get missed because of how much stuff is going up at the moment

The Right Thing Right
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Upstarts
Sun and Moon
The Crack Up
Panic
New Town Velocity
The Messenger
Lockdown
Say Demesne
Generate! Generate!
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Word Starts Attack
I Want the Heartbeat
How Soon is Now?

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
The Hop
I Fought the Law
Getting Away with It
There is a Light That Never Goes Out

https://mega.co.nz/#F!0c0hAAKA!WPTS2s0ZZCsIO6J46cBoTQ

No comments:

Post a Comment