Friday 10 January 2014

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Palace Theatre, 20 December 2013


[Normally I'd put a picture here, but Google are insisting that everyone use Google Drive so that they can control all your pictures. Man I hate them. Anyway, for the time being just imagine a picture here]

I came pretty late to the Brian Jonestown Massacre (like lots of people I discovered them through watching Dig!, if you haven't seen it, it's one of the greatest rock documentaries ever made), so this was the first time I'd seen the band. They put on a pretty good show, but the absence of the extreme intraband tension resulted in them seeming very uninterested and aloof. Nonetheless, they play the songs well and I always think it's pretty petty to complain that a band was better when the members were completely dysfunctional.  Anyway, the sound for this is pretty good and it features both of the songs released for the tour.

Whoever You Are
Who?
Jennifer
Got My Eye on You
Anenome
What You Isn't
Day, Weeks and Moths
Wisdom
When Jokers Attack
Sailor
Open Heart Surgery
You Have Been Disconnected
Not If You Were the Last Dandy on Earth
Prozac vs Heroin
There's a War Going On
Servo
That Girl Suicide
Oh Lord

https://mega.co.nz/#F!xYEx3AyB!PsNStDWuOFF1frhBIb95GA

No comments:

Post a Comment