Saturday 5 October 2013

Otis Redding - Ready, Steady, Go!


I love Otis Redding a lot. Like Van Morrison, I think his popularity is probably strongly related to the success of a song - Dock of the Bay (or in Morrison's case Brown Eyed Girl) - that completely atypical. So for anyone that doesn't like Dock of the Bay, download this and check out something a lot more typical of Otis' sound.

This is just a short 20 minute set (although sets then tended to be a lot shorter) on British TV. In addition to Otis, Eric Burden and Chris Farlowe each play a soul classic and then sing with Otis for the remainder of the set. This is an incredibly high energy set and sounds great.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
My Girl
Respect
Hold On, I'm Comin' (Eric Burdon)
It's a Man's Man's Man's World (Chris Farlowe)
Pain in My Heart
I Can't Turn You Loose
Shake

https://mega.co.nz/#F!BQ83TTyT!cPz5qDCa3xc9TqumfNJXhw

No comments:

Post a Comment