Thursday 18 December 2014

Kevin Devine - Corner Hotel, 13 November 2014


I said that Kevin Devine didn't really appeal to me, but listening back to this he's starting to grow on me. Too late to go back and see him on night two, but I'm getting too old to stand for that long anyway.

This was the very first thing I recorded with my new unit and the volume is a little low. It isn't anywhere near as bad as if I made the same mistake with my old unit, but it could have been a tiny bit better. As you can see from the photo, he sometimes tends to sing while standing away from the mic, this sounds kind of cool and comes across relatively well on the recording, but if you're wondering why he sometimes sounds a bit faint, that's why.

Anyway, this is obviously a pretty short set since he was first up on a three-band bill, but he does a good job of playing a bunch of songs and being engaging, without assuming people are there to see him (although some clearly were).

Bubblegum
Just Stay
Now: Navigate!
Little Bulldozer
Private First Class
Cotton Crush
Brother's Blood

https://mega.co.nz/#F!JF10GbCR!IAznodVdafmEx1A4JqOe7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment