Thursday 4 July 2013

Manic Street Preachers - Festival Hall, 28 June 2013


I've got to kick this off by admitting I'm not a huge fan of the Manics - I know their most famous songs, but not much more. I went along because my girlfriend is a massive fan and has never seen them before. Going in I was a bit unsure about this show, it had been organised so the band could go to a couple of the Lions rugby games. On one hand that meant it was going to be a greatest hits set, which suited me as a casual fan. But on the other it might mean the performance wouldn't be too great - they haven't played for quite a while and don't have much else scheduled for the year. In the end the band was impressively tight, and played a greatest hits set with a couple of rarities thrown in for the hardcore.

The crowd was packed with Lions fans (particularly Welsh ones), which explains the fairly frequent chanting. The sound for this is only OK - Festivall Hall is a pretty mediocre venue for sound and there is a bit of distortion at a couple of points. That said, the recording is very listenable.

Motorcycle Emptiness
Your Love Alone is Not Enough
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
Ocean Spray
Australia
Suicide is Painless (Theme from MASH)
(It's Not War) Just the End of Love
La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
Revol
Everything Must Go
Send Away the Tigers
A Design for Live
The Everlasting
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
You Love Us
Little Baby Nothing
Tsunami
Motown Junk
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

https://mega.co.nz/#F!0JkWwDDC!TqydQEfTwCw4hbY_WWEL1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment