Saturday 4 August 2012

Lawrence Arabia - 4 July 2012, The Toff in Town

This was one of those gigs I went to because I'd heard a little about Lawrence Arabia and it cost bugger all. I arrived about 10 minutes before they were supposed to start and they were already onstage, so the start of the show is missing (I assume that I walked in part way through their first song).

While they had a few good songs (Fine Old Friends in particular) I wasn't particularly impressed.  There isn't anything wrong with them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again, or even turn up early if they were opening for someone.  Having said that, I know that a lot of people like them, and maybe I'd have appreciated it more if I knew some of their music going in.

Update: Now I've listened to this a couple more times the songs are growing on me somewhat. I think maybe their super low-key approach makes it hard to get excited unless you already know the music.  Anyway, if you like Lawrence Arabia this is worth checking out.

The Listening Times
Travelling Shoes
The 03
The Bisexual
Talk About Good Times
Bloody Shins
Bicycle Riding
Lick Your Wounds
Early Kneecappings
Auckland CBD Pt. 2
Apple Pie Bed
Dream Teacher

Look Like a Fool
Perfect Specimen
Fine Old Friends

http://www.mediafire.com/?ay5a664mh6zbm

No comments:

Post a Comment