Tuesday 5 November 2013

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Rock en Seine, 24 August 2013


Black Rebel Motorcycle Club were a band I was happy enough to see at Harvest, but wasn't too fussed about seeing for a headline show. At least until I had a listen to this very impressive set from just a couple of months back. There is an initial problem with the sound that I've tried to fix as much as I can, but once it's past this sounds phenomenal. Bands like this tend to have a 'sound' and things can get pretty boring, but these guys do a good job of mixing things up with songs that clearly fit within their style, but also show they can stretch beyond regurgitating variations on a theme.

There seems to be a fanbase for the band, given their show at Billboard was upgraded to the Palace within a few hours. Unfortunately I (and probably others) are going to be forced to miss this because it clashes with Neutral Milk Hotel - if anyone wants a ticket I've got one going for $50, send me an email.

Let the Day Begin
Rival
Beat the Devil's Tattoo
Hate the Taste
Ain't No Easy Way
Berlin
Shuffle Your Feet
Conscience Killer
Six Barrel Shotgun
Weight of the World
Lullaby
Sell It
Whatever Happened to My Rock 'n' Roll (Punk Song)
Spread Your Love


https://mega.co.nz/#F!cUdUXDAY!DZ9GIWSA8UAZFnOMYI0jFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment