Thursday 1 May 2014

Neil Finn - Hamer Hall, 12 March 2014



I've used the recent holidays to process quite a few recordings, which should mean I can ensure a steady flow of things to check out. This is Neil Finn's first Melbourne show promoting his new album (first under his name since 2001!). I didn't really enjoy most of the Dizzy Heights material, although like all of his solo albums, they seem to be growers. The older material was fun, and as always Neil was very engaging. The women next to me were fairly enthusiastic, which you can hear in the recording. Overall, it sounds pretty decent, but not outstanding. If you weren't there but want to check out his recent work I'm in the process of pulling together some of his promotional work for this album, so you might want to wait for that.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pV0SXSYJ!U_VqhW9-Irh3vAtjWboeZA

No comments:

Post a Comment