Saturday 18 February 2012

Battles - 28 January 2012, The Forum



This was one of those shows that just didn't work.  It probably didn't help that I'd flown back to town that afternoon, or that I don't really know their new album.  But I think even if it hadn't been for those things this would have been a lacklustre show.  The band were energetic and everything was played competently, for whatever reason this show didn't really have a spark.  Perhaps the new material simply isn't up to it (the crowd certainly went nuts when Atlas was played, and I personally only enjoyed 2 or 3 of the new tracks).  I can't put my finger on it, but this just wasn't that much fun.

Others might have different opinions (e.g. http://www.fanmaderecordings.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/battles-forum-theatre-28012012.html).  If you enjoyed it and want to hear it again, here it is.

Africastle
Sweetie & Shag/Dominican Fade
Atlas
Wall Street
Tonto
Ice Cream
Inchworm
My Machines
Future

Sundome

 http://www.mediafire.com/?4frc6421n6xzw

No comments:

Post a Comment